Indiana Duck Season Dates 2019 – 2020
Indiana Early Teal Season
Teal Sept. 14 – Sept. 29 2019
Daily bag limit; six, Possession limit: 18. Shooting hours: sunrise to sunset, HIP registration required *No teal hunting on Kankakee FWA.
Oct. 19 – Dec. 8, 2019
Dec. 21 – Dec. 29
Oct. 26- Nov. 3 2019
Nov. 23, 2019 – Jan. 12, 2020
Nov. 2 – Nov. 3, 2019
Nov. 30, 2019 – Jan. 26, 2020
The daily bag limit for ducks is six. This includes any combination of goldeneyes, ruddy ducks, ring-necked ducks, buffleheads, gadwalls, long-tailed ducks, scoters, teal, wigeon and shovelers. Included in the daily limit of six are additional restrictions on the following:
- Mallards: Only four mallards may be taken daily, including not more than two females.
- Wood ducks: Only three wood ducks may be taken daily.
- Pintails: Only one pintail may be taken daily.
- Redheads: Only two redheads may be taken daily.
- Scaup: Only three scaup may be taken daily.
- Black ducks: Only two black ducks may be taken daily.
- Canvasback: Only two canvasbacks may be taken daily.
- Mottled duck: Only one mottled duck may be taken daily.
The daily bag limit for coots is 15.
The daily bag for mergansers (which is separate from the duck limit) is five, including not more than two hooded mergansers.
Possession limit for ducks, coots and mergansers is three times the daily bag limit.
Shooting hours: One-half hour before sunrise to sunset. Shooting hours at some DNR properties may vary.
View Indiana Duck Season Dates Here on Indiana Parks & Wildlife Website!